Whole House Repiping
If you live in an older home, chances are your pipes aren’t the best. You may experience an odor from your water or notice it is not clear. That’s due to mineral buildup inside your pipes. Older homes tend to have pipes that bang against duct work or joists when faucets are turned on or off. If you thought that you just had to live with the pipes in your home, think again. Call Cincy Plumbing. We can replace those pipes for a fraction of the price it used to cost.
Reasons to Replace Your Old Pipes:
- Low water pressure due to sediment buildup
- Health Concerns-old copper pipe may have lead solder
- Whining or banging sounds from pipes
- Rapid temperature changes (scalding shower water when someone flushes the toilet)
- Unknown slow leaks that may cause mold problems
- Better resistance to freezing
- Avoid a catastrophe-old pipes can burst at any time
- No more discolored water or bad smell
- Slow running faucets
- Slow draining sinks
- Increase your property value
New PEX Pipe Technology
PEX pipe is cross-linked polyethylene pipe. It is extremely durable, great in hot and cold temperatures, lightweight, flexible, and affordable. The main advantage of PEX pipe is that it is flexible. This makes getting it into the walls much easier. Now you don’t have to tear the walls out to install new piping.
Advantages of PEX:
- Adaptable and easy-to-use
- Adapted for temperatures below freezing all the way up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can be used in conjunction with metal and PVC piping
- Requires fewer fittings, making it faster to install with fewer joints to leak
- Burst-resistant due to its flexibility to expand and contract if frozen
- Shutoff valves at each supply line make it more convenient for repairs